Why Share Housing?
There are many reasons for sharing housing. Here are the big four.
- Save money. A housemate(s) helps pay the cost of your mortgage or rent.
- Talk, eat, be human. Someone at home to say hello and “How was your day?”
- Share household chores. You don’t have to do it all by yourself.
- Live light on the Earth. Reduce your carbon footprint, reduce your need for “stuff.”
Sharing housing is for anyone, for instance:
- Twenty-somethings moving to the big city
- Middle-aged divorced persons
- Senior citizens
- Graduate students
- Single parents
- Professionals living away from family for work
- Homeowners living in a large house
Whatever your age or circumstance, whatever you call them: homemates, housemates, roommates, or flatmates, you can find and keep the ones that work for you.
This site is all about sharing housing.
- Read more about why shared housing is a good idea.
- Find information about how to find a good housemate.
- Find advice about living with housemates.
- Read stories about real people living in shared housing arrangements.
- There is commentary on housing and social policy.
- Take the questionnaire so you are prepared for interviewing.
- Download worksheets.
- Buy the book.
- Consult with me.
- You can arrange a workshop.
- Download the free PDF (in the sidebar)
I believe that sharing housing can be a great way to live. I hope that you will discover that this is true for you!